Wednesday, August 8, 2012

AAU Summer semester 2012

I took my best friend Ivan and my mentor Robert Hunt advices by creating some figurative oil paintings in summer'12 semester at Academy of Art University. Summer semester was a challenge to me as bittersweet.  It's bitter because it was extremely extremely extremely intense; it's sweet because I met so many passionate artists in 8 weeks.  I admit that I didnt feel very enthusiastic painting full figures in the beginning of semester as I didnt see much of progress as a painter, I had exhausted what I can do on paintings every session since it's very hard to paint full figures on 20"x24" canvas, biggest canvas I havent used in my life, we spent 3-5 days on each painting, it was exhausting to spend that much time on a painting but I believe my painting skill is progressing slowly slowly slowly at the end of summer semester.  Thank you to my greatest mentor, ZhaoMing Wu for your support which I greatly appreciate it from my bottom of my heart.  Let me know what you think and I hope I didnt disappoint you~






2 comments: